LeadershipOutside The Box, LLC was founded in 2005 by Candice Somerville, DBIA, LEED AP BD+C. Ms. Somerville brings over 20 years of broad-based experience in project planning, execution, and management. She has managed over $1B in construction, design/build, and environmental projects for the Federal government, including historical rehabilitation, new construction, renovation, infrastructure, and major civil works projects. Ms. Somerville has performed work for the National Park Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence (AFCEE), Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), General Services Administration, National Institutes of Health, Architect of the Capital, and various municipal and commercial clients.
Ms. Somerville's individual representative projects by service type follow.
- $48M Southern Region Design-Build Child, Youth, and Community Center Multiple Award Task Order Contract (CYC MATOC), U.S. Army Engineering & Support Center, Huntsville (USAESCH), Various Locations.
- Various large Federal IDIQ contracts, including AFCEE WERC and USAESCH Medical Toolbox contracts
- $8M, USACE, Baltimore District, 2 consecutive Containment Structure Removal and/or Upgrade Contracts, EPA Regions I, II, and III (36 delivery orders)
- $500M Program Ceiling, USACE, Baltimore District, Design/Build MATOC to provide full DB services for new construction, renovation, alteration, and repairs of facilities, utilities, and infrastructure throughout the North Atlantic Division
- Mentor-Protege Programs, Department of Defense, Various Locations
- Preservation and Rehabilitation of Moton Field, Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site, Tuskegee, AL
- Subject Matter Expert / Program Support to USACE HPO and PRO Hurricane Damage and Storm Risk Reduction System (HDSRRS)
- In-Country Project Manager, Rebuild An Numaniyah Military Base ($65M Design-Build), AFCEE, An Numaniyah, Iraq
- Project Manager, Taxiway Whiskey Widening and Lighting Installation, USACE Baltimore District, Andrews Air Force Base, MD
- Program/Project Manager, USACE Baltimore District, Containment Structure Removal and Upgrades Contracts, USEPA Regions I, II, and III (Multiple Contracts)
- Project Manager, USACE Baltimore District, OE/UXO Investigation and Removal Actions, Engineering Proving Ground, Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Project Manager, Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments and Remediation
- Program Manager, USACE Los Angeles District, Indefinite Delivery Contract for Multifaceted Environmental Service Activities for HTRW Environmental Remediation Services, Various Locations